Our Churches and Retirement Village
At both Ringwood and Knox we gather for worship and fellowship and strive to be loving and active members of our local communities. Both churches are on corner blocks of busy roads and we’re pleased that they remind people that God continues to be present and relevant today.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us for our weekly worship, where we receive and share God’s saving love. We trust you’ll feel welcome and we hope you’ll join us for a cuppa and chat after the service. Pastoral visits and/or care are also available.
- Our welfare programs focus on caring for our community and include a weekly participation with Winter Shelter Meal Coordinated by Croydon Hills Baptist Church and the winter Soup & Singing ministry at Knox.
- We also support local and overseas charities via various fundraising initiatives.
- We’ve been blessed with wonderful facilities, so we gladly open our church and hall spaces to local community groups and clubs (for very reasonable hire fees). These groups foster community spirit and involvement, and we’re glad to be able to support them.
- We offer Sunday school and a craft program for primary-age children, a youth program for 10-16-year-olds, adult Bible study and discussion groups, women’s groups, a men’s group and prayer ministry.
- Music and the visual arts are also important to us. At different services we enjoy our contemporary band, Singers and/or the pipe organ. While we sing or listen to music, hear the word of God and receive Holy Communion, the visual and floral art around us helps focus our thoughts and enables us to further appreciate God’s creation and his gifts to us.
- Ringwood has a retirement village (23 units plus a residents’ centre) located opposite the church. The village offers seniors the opportunity to downsize and gain access to an onsite community and support. Read more
GOOD SHEPHERD, RINGWOOD
Living the Word: a people formed by God to be his presence to those around us
OUR SAVIOUR'S, KNOX
Called to worship; chosen to serve
GOOD SHEPHERD RETIREMENT VILLAGE
We're part of an international Lutheran family of around 74 million people. Founded by the reformer Martin Luther, we are the largest Protestant church in the world. In 2017 Lutherans commemorate our 500th anniversary. In Australia there are about 125,000 Lutherans. To learn more about us and what we believe, visit the Lutheran Church of Australia website.